Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

VuGen/QTP question: anybody ever successfully scripted ORACLE FLEXCUBE application ???

hello folks

i'm currently trying to create a script based on VuGen for a banking application based on ORACLE FLEXCUBE.

until now i have never worked with Oracle Flexcube which seems to be heavily relying on Java/Java Script. i've done some testing with different protocols within VuGen (http, web click/script, various Oracle protocols) but without any success.

right now i'm uncertain if VuGen will be the correct approach to this application. i start to tend towards using giving a shot at QTP since i have found references online relating flexcube and qtp.

but my question would be if anybody in here has ever dealt with Oracle Flexcube? and if yes what was the outcome?

thanks a lot for your help!
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: VuGen/QTP question: anybody ever successfully scripted ORACLE FLEXCUBE application ???

I have done this with VUGen in the past using:

a) HTTP for HTML clients
b) Oracle NCA for JAVA clients

For HTTP I had to overcome any Enrypted parts which Flexcube uses in their code --- not able all the times

For NCA, you need to be very carefull when you start, for the settings you'll chose while recording. Study the VUGen manual for DBs/NCA.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: VuGen/QTP question: anybody ever successfully scripted ORACLE FLEXCUBE application ???

Hi Tibornad,

I am trying to record the Flexcube application using VuGen 9.5 and till now I haven't succeeded.

Have you been able to overcome your issues on Vugen and record the Flexcube application?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

This initiative has been postponed by the customer due to change of priority and business need. but bottomline is that we have decided to use QTP (or Functional Testing as it is called these days) to generate Scripts for FlexCube. You should be able to find information here in the forum on the differences between the two approaches.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.