Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

VuGen scripting: How to capture content from Excel/PDF?

Hi,

Protocol used for recording: WEB (HTTP/HTML).

There is a step in a web application which pops-up an Excel spreadsheet or a PDF file. In order to validate this step, I need to search for the content of this spreadsheet/PDF.

Can web_reg_find be used for this with some special options or is there a different function for this purpose?

Kindly advice.

Thanks,
Chetan Dixit
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: VuGen scripting: How to capture content from Excel/PDF?

As it comes in binary format you may not search for the content. Only possible option is save the file into the local machine and verify.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for your response.

Is there someway I can capture the size of the downloaded spreadsheet file so that I can compare the size (during recording and replay) - as an alternative to check for file contents?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Yes, you can do that programatically using file handling operation after capturing the complete response of the corresponding pdf request.

-Madhu
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Madhu, I will try it out and post the solution when I get it...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi Chetan,

Let me get back to my room I do have some coding to verify the size.

I am sure that will help you.

Thanks,
Champ
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.