Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

VuGen - website's security certificate error

Jump to solution
Hi All,
Manually I am able to open an https://abcd.com,
but while recording with loadrunner i am getting an error like "There is a problem with this website's security certificate".
1. what are the changes i need to do in vugen recording options.(SSL,Caches etc..)I am using LR9.1,IE7
2.Is it problem with LR Vugen Or IE7
but manually I am able to open that website

Hi madan/Ajay can you help me.

Regards,
Ram

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..
Hi,

We are having the same issue since 04/01/2011.

This is what our loadtesters came up with after a first investigation.

Root cause of the issue is that the certificate â issued by Mercury Interactive Corp. â has expired. Filename of this certificate is â wplusCA.crtâ and came along with the LRP91 installation package. The certificate expired on Jan 04 2011. Indeed when we look up the details of the certificate it was valid from 06/01/2001 till 04/01/2011.

So should HP issue a new certificate with new valid from and to date or are there other solutions ?

Regards,
Jan

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..
there may be problem with the IE7, LR 9.1 may not be compatible with IE7.....install IE6 and try and let us know.

Thanks,
Prasenjit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi Presenjit,
Thanks for your response,
One week back by using IE7 also I am able to recording.So I thought its not problem with IE7.

is there any IE(SSL) settings in Vugen Recording Options?

But same Website I am able to record in LR11.0 with IE7

regards
Ram
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..
then try after disabling the NTLM authentication.....
This should work fine.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi Presenjit,
where can i Found this NTLM settings in Vugen Recording options or IE7
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..
Hi,

We are having the same issue since 04/01/2011.

This is what our loadtesters came up with after a first investigation.

Root cause of the issue is that the certificate â issued by Mercury Interactive Corp. â has expired. Filename of this certificate is â wplusCA.crtâ and came along with the LRP91 installation package. The certificate expired on Jan 04 2011. Indeed when we look up the details of the certificate it was valid from 06/01/2001 till 04/01/2011.

So should HP issue a new certificate with new valid from and to date or are there other solutions ?

Regards,
Jan

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.
The fix for the certificate expiration problem is provided in the below knowledge base.
http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1039040
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..
Thanks for the fix Madan.
Attaching the zip file for the rest of us.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..
Thanks Madan !
Works perfectly
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hey guys.. Can you plzz help me how to replace the attached ZIP file certificates??

I am still facing the same issue...

I tried copying BIN>CERTS folder to my LR9.1 directory but still no help...

Plz help me out in resolving the issue with your attached file....

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello All,

I am facing what looks like the same issue with certificates but I am on LR 11.0 and VuGen 9.5. Is the solution the same? I ask because the prior solution looks to specific to a prior version of LR.

Many Thanks

David

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I actually am using version 11.00 for both LoadRunner and Vuser Generator and am experiencing the same security certificate problem, even after trying the suggested fix. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks much.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.