Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Vugen 9.52 not recording in IE8

Hi,

My machine is in IE8 and OS is windows7. I am trying to record a simple script but no events are getting recorded. Can you please let me know the reason. Does not vugen 9.5x support IE8 and OS windows7? Please confirm. In that case does Vugen 11 will support IE 8 and OS Windows 7? 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Vugen 9.52 not recording in IE8

For Vugen 952 you need a patch to support IE8

Vugen 11 out of box supports IE8

Madan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi friends,

I am having a very typical problem.

I had Windows Vista earlier and then the machine was formatted and Win XP SP3 was installed.

I have installed LR VuGen 9.50. I was supposed to work on Flex + Web Protocol and for that I have installed the LR patch 1 and 2 for vugen. Now the version of VuGen is 9.52.

Problems:

1. VuGen (9.52) did not invoke the Internet explorer. Though I can see the iexplorer in Task manager but the window was not being displayed. Tried lot of work-arounds mentioned on internet.. But of no use....

2. Re-installed VuGen (9.50) but no patches. I have tried with simple Web Protocol for the sample application, observed that Internet explorer is opened but no events are recorded.

Please help me out understand where the problem is.

Thanks,

Tapan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HI,

Try the below option and let me know whether it works or not...

Uncheck below checkbox:

Recording Option –> Http Properties –> Advanced –> Record Script using earlier recording engine

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.