Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Vugen / Loadrunner 11.50 / 11.52 force use of TLS1.1 or TLS 1.2

Hi Folks

The support documentation here (http://lrhelp.saas.hp.com/en/latest/help/function_reference/Content/web/lrFR_web_set_sockets_option.htm) suggests that if I use the web_set_sockets_option, that I can set the SSL version SSL version preference: '2', '3', '2&3', 'TLS', 'TLS1.1', or 'TLS1.2'.

I'm using older versions of vugen 11.50 and 11.53, primarily due to controller being at version 11.

If I put web_set_sockets_option("SSL_VERSION","TLS1.1') in my script, vugen will complain...that I must use one of '2', '3', '2&3', 'TLS'. (I can only assume this support is coming in much later versions).

Unfortunatly my application under test, only accepts TLS of 1.2 or greater.  I'd like to force my traffic to use this TLS version, as with WinInet replay it is going to TLS1.0 by default, and also with just TLS set as the version in web_set_sockets_option.

Any ideas, aside from upgrading, as I need to maintain compatibility with the controller version?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Vugen / Loadrunner 11.50 / 11.52 force use of TLS1.1 or TLS 1.2

Unfortunately, onlu upgrade will help. May i ask why you insist on keeping Controller 11 (which is no longer supported at all, not only in the context of advanced TLS levels)?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thanks GalShadeck, we are in the process of upgrading, but for the moment I can only use the version that we have.  We worked around for now by having the application under test modify their TLS version for the purposes of allowing a test to run.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

I'm having this exact same problem and I'm hoping someone has a workaround solution for LR 11.52.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.