Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Vugen Not Working after Permissions Change

Our organization just locked down rights on all of our PCs. This broke VuGen, so they added the LR users to a group that is supposed to have Admin rights to our own PCs. However, when I run now I'm seeing the following issues:

1. During the Compile AND when executing the vuser_init, I hear a windows error beep, though no message is displayed.
2. The script hangs in the vuser_end section and I have to stop the run to recover.
3. The wdiff program is giving me the "File no longer available" error, please note there are NO spaces in my path (which is short) or filenames.

These issues are happening on EVERY script I try to use.

As a last resort, I did a complete clean uninstalled and reinstalled vugen (8.1.4) on my PC, but the issues are exactly the same.

I need to know exactly what rights VuGen requires. I'm a power user, but this doesn't seem to help this issue. Does anyone have any other ideas?
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Vugen Not Working after Permissions Change

LoadRunner must be part of the Local Administrators group. This is not optional.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.