Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Vugen Recording with web protocol

I am a starter in vugen tool. we use Vugen 9.10 in our environment to record a web application.I use Web(HTTP/HTML) protocol to record the web application.When I replay a recorded script it shows no error detected in replay summary but the recorded and replay snapshots differ.

1.Is this a major problem?How can I fix this issue?
2.Whether this will create a problem in report generation?(We Use BAC 8.10).
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Vugen Recording with web protocol

Some difference in the snapshots can be due to non-HTML resources not being downloaded to the snapshot viewer. As long as the workflow of your script is completing, I would not be too concerned with it.

If you see differences in the overall data that is being displayed, that may be cause for concern. If so, take a screenshot and attach it to this post.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,
Thanks for replying . I have attached the screenshot for the same. We are facing this issue for all the transaction that is recorded. I tried doing correlation also. but still I face this issue.

Please find the attachement.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I can't really make out the differences - the bitmap is extremely compressed and hard to discern.

What do you see when you run with the browser replay? Do those page components display?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Please find attached the snapshot doc. Though the snapshot is differenet, the status still says "No errors dtected".

We are not able to find the same page in the browser component as well while replaying the transaction
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have attached the script for a transaction where the snapshots are different.
Please help me in resolving this issue
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.