Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Vugen Write Access Requirements

Jump to solution
My desktop support staff just locked down all of the PCs in our office. Though we told them that we require admin rights in order to use our tools, they did not provide this. What I am looking for is a list of the access requirements to run VuGen so that I can reacquire the access that I need.

Since the upgrade I cannot start Vugen. I get an error that says "you cannot invoke VuGen on a machine where you do not have write permission."

Obviously I can write to some folders, I just need the list of all folders VuGen requires access. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Vugen Write Access Requirements

Jump to solution
You MUST have local admin rights on any machine running any of the LoadRunner components. This is not negotiable.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
You MUST have local admin rights on any machine running any of the LoadRunner components. This is not negotiable.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
I would higly recommend you to have admin previledges for using VuGen/Controller/Analysis modules of LoadRunner.

If its only VuGen, check if you can get permission of alteast power user??
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
We have made our case and are getting local admin rights back on our PCs. Thanks for the feedback.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.