Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Vugen recording issue - Website's security certificate error

Hi,

I could not get around this, but why I am getting the security certificate error while Vugen recording - HTML/WEB Protocol - LR 9.5, IE7?And the blocked contents notification on below IE 7 tool bar - To help protect your security, IE has blocked this web site from displaying content with security certificate error. Click here for options ..,
Most annoying thing is while doing same thing manually (same web page, same machine and IE7), not getting this error!! I know there is some certification issue with the web page (which is going to live in few days), but that will be fixed once it is in prod.

But wondering why I am getting this while vugen recording but not manually? Also I can not ask project team to install a valid certificate because I am getting error only thru Vugen.

Anybody has any idea how to by pass this while recording? Can't get anything from LR recording options I just do not want it tho my script re-run fine (some sort) but it creates two web_url steps (for right click to see view blocked contents) and hell I can't even see the server responses in tree view .. LR can't show me page view, server response .. silly

Please let me know your suggestions

Cheers
Deb
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Vugen recording issue - Website's security certificate error

It's because VuGen sits between client and server.

Can you paste snap of the error you get while recordin in VUGen?

does this uses SSL authentication and requires some client side certificates to be installed?

You can refer attached doc..check if it helps you in some ways.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.