Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Vugen script - how to change password

Jump to solution
I have the following entry in my Vuggen 9.x script that enters a user id and password after launching an application.
web_edit_field("ctl00$ContentPlaceHolderBody$ctlLogi",
"Snapshot=t1.inf",
DESCRIPTION,
"Type=text",
"Name=ctl00$ContentPlaceHolderBody$ctlLoginView$ctlLogin$ctlLogin$UserName",
ACTION,
"SetValue=ser-pct-bac-emse2e",
LAST);

lr_think_time(6);

web_edit_field("ctl00$ContentPlaceHolderBody$ctlLogi_2",
"Snapshot=t2.inf",
DESCRIPTION,
"Type=password",
"Name=ctl00$ContentPlaceHolderBody$ctlLoginView$ctlLogin$ctlLogin$Password",
ACTION,
"SetEncryptedValue=4c6450d9b1b0b00b6c06cfc3bca6",
LAST);

After 60 days, when the password expires, I would like this script to be able to change the password and start using new password. (web_edit_field function does not allow me to change password).
Can someone point me to right function etc. that will allow the password change?

I am able to define the password field as a parameter that sources new passwords from a dat file where each row is a new password. However how can I force the script to use the new password from next row when the current password expires and a popup (windows AD popup) comes up. My protocol used for recording is Web Click

Thanks
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Vugen script - how to change password

Jump to solution
Follow the procedure as mentioned below.

1. Use a looping condition to identify the popup by window title & redirect to a pasword change script flow & on completion return to the login page again.

2. Define a variable which is to be read from a a text file (first time write it as 1).

3. Whenever the password change flow executed, within the same function the defined variable has to be incremented by 1 and write the same to the same file. Now the value reads as 2.

4. At the start of the script create a read funciton which reads the value in this file & based on the value, use the "paramter next row funciton" to increament the password parameter. This new password is assiciated with value 2 should be populated in the script from now on for every run. This loop continues till next password change scenario. For the next password change scenario the variable is again incremented by 1 which changes the password to be used to 3rd row.

5. This cycle ensure the life long continuity based on the number of passwords defined in the param file.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,
Raj

Regards,
Raj

Like this Post? Click Kudos! to show appreciation.
Is your issue addressed? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" against the post which helped you the most.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution
Hi,

Instead of "SetEncryptedValue=4c6450d9b1b0b00b6c06cfc3bca6", LAST);

you can place "SetValue=yourpassword",Last);

or you can record one more time once your password expired.
Then place encrypted value in the script.

Thanks
Ravi
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
This script runs every 5 minutes. When the password expires, it will be presented a popup to change the password. I wish to have the script change the password sourcing it from a parameter .dat file where each password is stored in a separate row. I have already created such a DAT file and am able to force the script to point to this file.

My trouble is , how can now the script use password from next row and set it as new passsword?

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
You could move to the next row using this call on the script where needed

lr_next_row("mydatafile.dat");
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Follow the procedure as mentioned below.

1. Use a looping condition to identify the popup by window title & redirect to a pasword change script flow & on completion return to the login page again.

2. Define a variable which is to be read from a a text file (first time write it as 1).

3. Whenever the password change flow executed, within the same function the defined variable has to be incremented by 1 and write the same to the same file. Now the value reads as 2.

4. At the start of the script create a read funciton which reads the value in this file & based on the value, use the "paramter next row funciton" to increament the password parameter. This new password is assiciated with value 2 should be populated in the script from now on for every run. This loop continues till next password change scenario. For the next password change scenario the variable is again incremented by 1 which changes the password to be used to 3rd row.

5. This cycle ensure the life long continuity based on the number of passwords defined in the param file.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,
Raj

Regards,
Raj

Like this Post? Click Kudos! to show appreciation.
Is your issue addressed? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" against the post which helped you the most.

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.