Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

VuserScripting

Hi,
I'm using a web (http/ html ) protocol to run a test case on JSP page, where i need to copy shortcut of one of the links and write to a file. The Hyperlink Value (Shortcut) is dynamic and data dependent. I would like to gather the encoded URL's & write it to a text file.
so how to Copy an Hyperlink shortcut which changes dynamically ??
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: VuserScripting

Use web_reg_Save_param to capture any dynamic value.

Refer to documentation for more info on this function.

Thanks
KM
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

That's not working. I need to capture the actual Hyperlink. It's a pretty small page not a server response, a JSP
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

If it is coming in response then it is the only way. I'm sure you did a mistake in using the function.

Thanks
KM
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,
The problem is the string/URL i'm trying to capture is generated on the client side and is included in the Client request. It does not show up in the server response for me to use web_reg_save_param, how do i go about it ?
thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

If it is generated on the client side then we cannot capture it using web_reg_save..

It may be created using some Java script and you can see it. You may implement the same in LR, and your developer should aware of it.

Thanks
Madan
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.