Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Web_Custom_Request VuGen Big P F5

I have discovered a problem with v9.0 VuGen generating incorrect code on the HTTP/URL recording protocol using Web_Custom_Requests. The web_custom_request() macro causes the script to fail(hangs) when run through a Big IP F5 front end but works fine if run bypassing the F5. IF there are parameters on a URL and the "Method=GET," an extra "Body=..." parameter is generated that causes the F5 issues. The GET is sent to the F5 and an extra tranmission is made for the URL parameters. The F5 does not expect the second transmission and does not respond to the VuGen script. The script is in READ_STATE mode and hangs waiting for a response that does not come. Solution is to comment out the "Body=.." parameter in the web_custom_request macros and all is well. I have an incident open with HP/Mercury for a fix but as yet nothing.
Examples:
Good macro generated (no URL parms)
web_custom_request("GOOD",
"URL=xx.com","Method=GET",LAST);

Bad macro generated (URL has parm ZZZ)
web_custom_request("BAD",
"URL=xx.com?ZZZ","Method=GET",
"Body=ZZZ",LAST);
The generated macro parameter "Body=ZZZ" is generated because the URL has parameters.
This causes issues with the Big IP F5.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Did you record the script through the BigIP?

I have had problems like this with other protocols after upgrades. OracleNCA comes to mind. After a major upgrade I re-recored my scripts and the vugen engine did not record the data returned from the server correctly. I had to use a network sniffer to prove my point and received a patch shortly after that.

I have worked on systems that used BigIP's but have never tested with one in the test configuration. Please keep us updated as to the solution to your problem.

Sorry I could not provide any additional insight.

Alan
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.