Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Web_reg_save_param

Hello,

Hope u all r doing well.

Well I have a query on web_reg-save_param function which we use it for correlation or to capture values from the page. I am doing testing on the sample application of flight page.

I have recoded a script to book flight.
now I want to correlate values on 2 pages
i.                    selecting city & date page

ii.                  selecting flight

I used two this web_reg-save_param functions to capture values on 2 different pages, but when I replay the script I am getting error message.

Error -27979: Requested form not found             [MsgId: MERR-27979]
Action.c(95): Warning -26379: Pending web_reg_save_param/reg_find/create_html_param[_ex] request(s) are deleted and will be handled as "not found"           [MsgId: MWAR-26379]
Action.c(95): Error -26377: No match found for the requested parameter "outFlightVal". Check whether the requested boundaries exist in the response data. Also, if the data you want to save exceeds 256 bytes, use web_set_max_html_param_len to increase the parameter size     [MsgId: MERR-26377]
Action.c(95): Notify: Saving Parameter "outFlightVal = "
Action.c(95): Error -26366: "Text=Flight Reservation" not found for web_reg_find             [MsgId: MERR-26366]
Action.c(95): Error -26374: The above "not found" error(s) may be explained by header and body byte counts being 0 and 0, respectively.       [MsgId: MERR-26374]
Action.c(95): web_submit_form("reservations.pl_2") highest severity level was "ERROR", 0 body bytes, 0 header bytes              [MsgId: MMSG-26388]
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Web_reg_save_param

Hi Mahesh,

It looks like you have not done the correlation properly, as the value of "outFlightVal" is displayed blank. Check & try to update your web_reg_save_param function. Then, run the script to check whether "outFlightVal" is displaying the correct run-time value.

Regards,
Muhammad Abrar
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mahesh,

Where have you defined the 2 web_reg_save_parameter(s), they should be defined above the step from which you need to fetch the value. For example say you have action A and action B in sequential order. You are correlating 2 values to be used in action B; then you need to figure out which actions server response returns those values for you. Say here it is action A, then you need to define your parameter above action A, so when action A is performed the values are fetched. Place the cursor any where in action A and click on Tree View option above. Navigate to Server Response and then search for the right and left boundaries or directly search the value and find the boundaries. You fetch the values from Body or Header of the server response.

Hope i am able to explain it.

Regards,
Ajit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Ajit/Muhammad,

Thanks for your response.

well the boundaries which i have decided are correct, the problem is when i replay the script, application is not returning the desired page. I am getting why it is happening.

Attaching my script for your reference.

Thanks,
Mahesh
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mahesh,

LB was not correct. You missed a double cote (") after outboundFlight

/* outboundFlight" value="460;622;07/21/2010" />
/* Present web_reg_save_param */
web_reg_save_param("outFlightVal","LB=outboundFlight value=", "RB= checked >", LAST);

/* Corrected web_reg_save_param */

web_reg_save_param("outFlightVal","LB=outboundFlight\" value=\"", "RB=\" />
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Pls close the thread if provided solution resolved the issue and assign points according to satisfaction level 🙂
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Recording was incorrect.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.