Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

WebSphere Application Server” Performance Counters!!!

Hi All,

Need some information regarding “WebSphere Application Server” Performance Counters mentioned below.
 Enterprise Beans
 JDBC Connection Pools
 JVM Runtime
 JCA Connection Pools
 Servlet Session Manager
 System Data
 Thread Pools
 Transaction Manager
 Web Applications

 What are the major Parameters we can monitor for the above mentioned counters, their Threshold Values, Measurement Units, Sampling Rate and how can we Analyze them?
Please help me with, thanks in advance for you help!!!

Thanks and Regards,
Shyam
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor.

Re: WebSphere Application Server” Performance Counters!!!

Hi ShyamByreddy,
we have several WAS monitors in SiS - and I've done some screens for you with performance counters - look please and tell if you want other screens.

I hope it would be useful for you !

Best regards,
Alexey.
Best regards,
Alexey
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

And this screenshot have custom metrics, which we added to diag to monitor our WAS'es.
With diag I guess you can monitor all performance counters and many other patameters of WAS - use file metrics.config to customize your metrics (for example look in attached file with "CUSTOM" metrics).

I hope it would be helpful to.

Best regards,
Alexey.
Best regards,
Alexey
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Sorry - here screenshot of diag with custom metrics !

Best regards,
Alexey.
Best regards,
Alexey
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Alexey,

Thanks for your response, its really helpful. Are these screen shots were taken from monitoring tool DIAG? Can you please provide me some more information about the tool.

Thanks in advance!!!

Warm Regards,
Shyam
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Hi Shyam,

Yes sure - it's HP Diagnostics - it can monitor WAS (and other application servers) very deeply - from simple parameters of JVM (memory, heap size) to detail information about methods and sql-queries.

Best regards,
Alexey.
Best regards,
Alexey
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.