Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Webservices - Difference between calling a void & non-void function

Hi,

I am facing an issue while calling Login function. I am getting the below error

Error: InvokeMethod failure: Value cannot be null.
Error: ExtractResultArg failure: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Error: Web service call "Login_103" execution failed

However using the same wsdl I am able to call other functions. All other functions which I am calling return some value while the Login is a void call.

Please let me know if this can be the cause and if yes what should be the way to call a void function.

Regards,
Sushil
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Webservices - Difference between calling a void & non-void function

So no body have any idea on this...?
let me know if you require more info on this..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

You mean you dont get a response? How does the client validates it? What do you see the response from other WS clients with this service?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Madan,

Let me explain this a bit, say I have 4 functions in this particular wsdl file, apart from Login other functions are non-void calls so the response can be seen/captured and also there is no error in these functions execution, but Login is a void call though it will not return/give some output. But it should pass as I am providing all the correct input paramaters and should not throw the error message.

Let me know if this is clear to you.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I understand and need to investigate. Raise a support request with script & wsdl file.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.