Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Webservices protocol - UUID

When i record a business process using Web services protocol in loadrunner my script is getting recorded with UUID. My application is client server app which is developed on .net framework using wcf service. Is there anyway to correlate these values to work my script.
0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Webservices protocol - UUID

Yes, you can correlated any value which originates from server.

-Madhu
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Madhu,

Thanks for your response. Can you please give me which functions i should use correlating dynamic values in Webservices protocol.

Regards,
Srinivas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi Srini,

Did you try with web_reg_save_param function. Navigate to Help>Reference guide in Vugen for better understanding about web_reg_save_param.

Thanks,
Champ
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,
thanks for your response.
Before i try i would like to know whether this function supports in working with webserivces protocol. I think correlation won't work in webservices. Correct me if i am wrong.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

If you are correlating any normal text, web_reg_save_param should work. But, if the content is in XML format, it is better to use lr_xml* functions and easier too.

-Madhu
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

pls sugeest i am also facing the same problem

what function used in xml to correlate the values in xml file?

Regards,
parkar
Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

can u paste the code request which gets generated while adding the webservice_call/soap request. maybe we can suggest based on that
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,
I have attached the logs .Pls suggest what function is used to correalte.as web_reg_save_param not accepting xml requests.
Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

instead of using soap_request i would recommend you better use the webservice_call. add the webservice call after importing the operations from the wsdl and try updating each field value while adding the webservice call. you have facility to add checkpoints and fail/pass transaction (in the TREE view)when you use webservice_call . for correlation you have to use the lr_xml_get_value function to capture the value between tags.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Selvam,

thanks for the response.but i am facing lot of doubts in the answer you have provided.

pls suggest which operations to be imported from wsdl?
which toolkit we have to select?
i have attached the screenshot of select wsdl wizard.pls suggest what should be included in that?
Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

pls start a seperate thread. dont mix up here
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.