Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What if the LR Controller machine crashes altogether?

What if the LR Controller machine (hard disk) crashes altogether? I suppose the license will not be valid for any other machine. What is the procedure in this situation?

Thanks
Sayantani
India
"It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office."
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Get the Host ID of the new machine and request a new license from HP. If you have a maintenance contract they should have no problem sending you a new license key.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Uninstall the existing LR components and reinstall and add the license keys. You will be good to go..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Alan:
Thanks for the help. But what if the support has expired? Do i have to purchase the software all over again?

Thanks
S
"It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office."
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

If the licenses are perpetual....You should still get new set of license keys..If your server crashes or you want to migrate the licenses to new machine.

However, you will not be getting support from HP for installing/configuring the licenses.

I recommend you to timely renew your support, so that you are entitled for latest patch/product releases and timely support from HP.

Hope that clarifies!

~Shivaram
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.