Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

What is difference between Lab Resources Pools versus Performance Center AUT Pools

Need some clarification on this.  What is difference between Lab Resources-Pools versus Performance Center-AUT Pools?  Need to better understand them, how they work and how they get used in relation to Lab Settings-Project Settings for a particular project in Lab Management.

A Team here wants to be able to assign multiple Pools (I assume the Lab Resources-Pools and the machines in it for a Performance Test/Load Generation setup) to a specific project.  They want to be able to "scale up" the farm of machines being used (Controllers, LoadGens/Data Processors) at will.

Currently it looks like you can only assign one Pool to a project at a time.

Been digging around in documentation and feel like I'm chasing my tail on this.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Hosts pool is a logical entity container for Load Generators and Performance Center hosts which are responsible for driving the test and the workload against the application.

AUT Host pool is a logical entity container for machines that are part of the Application Under Test. AUT Host is being used by Performance Center topology feature which is mainly oriented for performance monitoring during the test and for giving a visual view of the application under test topology diagram. 

There is no connection between the two entities. I assume you refer to PC Hosts and LGs.

As you rightfully mentioned it is impossible to assign more than one pool to the same project but it is possible to assign the same host to more than one pool. So theoretically you can have all hosts assigned to all projects and still divide them to different pools.

Note that in PC 12.55 we introduced the capability to use Dockerized LG via automated/CI use case and we are working to make it available also from the UI for one of the upcoming releases. That will assist in shfting to on demand allocation.

Please let me know if you need more info,

Regards,

Shlomi

Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Lab Resources-Pools - Basically LG, Controller and DP, you can assign it several pools created to segrecate the hosts, assign same resource to multiple pools. Common resources across PC.

Performance Center-AUT Pools - Project specific resources, which team added their resources for their tests. It is exclusive for the project. Basically it will be like Web Servers, Application Servers and DB for their project application. It can't be shared with others. Exclusive to project and monitoring resources.

Hope it clarifies. Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.