Highlighted
Visitor.

What's need to be setup/configured on MSSQL 2012 for HP ALM PC 12.01

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm new to HP ALM PC, but very familiar with LR11. I'm currently in the process of installing ALM and make PC work. I'm aware that I need to have a DB server for ALM but am not sure what needs to be configured or created on the DB server so that ALM can work.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: What's need to be setup/configured on MSSQL 2012 for HP ALM PC 12.01

Jump to solution

Hi,

The td user is the default user that ALM creates automatically during the installation and configuration ALM.

You don't need to create it manually. You only need to create a user (not the same name with td user) to help ALM connect to the database during the configuration process. Please refer the screenshot of step that we need to fill out the username and password of an account of database.

Regards,

Chau

Regards,

Chau Nguyen | SW Technical Support Consultant.
LoadRunner and Performance Center

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
16 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

You don't need to configure anything in the database.

After installing the database, you should create a user that has the minimum permission following this document:

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/KM00880946

Then you use this account to connect to database during ALM configuration.

Regards,

Chau

Regards,

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
Highlighted
Visitor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply!

Hi, I'm the process of installing ALM for Performance center. I'm already at the Database Schema step. The manual said that ALM uses the td user is it referring to td_db_admin? I've created td_db_admin user in SQL

Here's what the manual is saying

c. Under SA Schema Details, type the following information:
o Schema name.

Type a Site Administration database schema name, or accept the default
schema name.
Note: When upgrading an existing Site Administration database schema to work in
ALM 12.01, you must use the same name that you used before the upgrade.
o Schema password.

Enter the following information, depending on your database type:
l Oracle: The default tdtdtd password is created, which you can accept or change.
l Microsoft SQL Server (SQL Auth.): ALM uses the td user to create the Site
Administration database schema. For more details on the td user, see "User
Installation and Upgrade Guide - Windows
Chapter 14: Installing ALM on Microsoft Windows Systems
HP

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

The td user is the default user that ALM creates automatically during the installation and configuration ALM.

You don't need to create it manually. You only need to create a user (not the same name with td user) to help ALM connect to the database during the configuration process. Please refer the screenshot of step that we need to fill out the username and password of an account of database.

Regards,

Chau

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Jump to solution

Thank you for clarifying.

Now I'm on the HP ALM Service Page.  Is the user on the page critical for Performance Center? Our main goal is to get PC working not to use ALM. But since ALMis required for PC to work we are forced to install.

Here's what the manual is instructing us to do. (But If we really need this we will need to request for the user from IT which would take sometime.)

Type the User Name, Password, and Domain to be used to run the application server as a
service. This enables the service to access your local network.

Thank you for accomodating me this is my first time to use ALM and PC.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

The User Name, Password, and Domain in the HP ALM Service Page is not the critical step, you can leave it empty.

You need to pay attention to the Security page (Communication security passphrase) and the Site Administrator User.

Please feel free let me know if you have any further concern and kindly share screenshot of the step so that I can have better view your issue.

Regards,

Chau

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Jump to solution

Hi Chau

I got pass the Start ALM and got to page (see attachment). I'm assuming the installation of ALM is finish. I'm a bit on what's the next step is.

According to the manual, it should prompt me to restart the machine. But I didn't get any prompt.

22. If you are prompted to restart the machine, you can choose to restart at a later time, but you must
restart before you use ALM. You must also restart before you install any ALM related files, such as
integration add-ins.

Thanks for your support.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution
Hi,

Yes, please restart the machine, we should do that after installing ALM even didn't get any prompt.

Regards,
Chau
Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Jump to solution

Done! Thanks for your help. Is there anything else I need to configure for ALM? Can I proceed with the installation of Performance Center?Thanks!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes, you can install Performance Center Server and add it to Lab Managerment/ PC Server.

Please make sure UAC, DEP and firewall are disabled on PC Server machine before installing.

Regards,

Chau

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Jump to solution

Is it okay to install ALM and PC on the server machine?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

You can install ALM and PC Server on the same machine. However, HP recommend that they should be installed on different machines.

Regards,

Chau

Regards,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.