Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Whats the best protocol to use to record Microsoft Outlook script in VuGen?

0 Likes
25 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Whats the best protocol to use to record Microsoft Outlook script in VuGen?

Hello,

I don't think there is a Vugen protocol you can use to record Outlook, but you can try creating a MAPI protocol script to generate activity with an Exchange server. This is documented in the HP Virtual User Generator User Guide under "Mailing Service Protocols".

Also see http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM174689

Gerald Cussen

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Is it an option to validate the server performance using Outlook Web Access?

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I am trying to record the web access (browser based) of the outlook and the outlook directly to use MAPI protocol.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Spoiler

I am trying to record the web access (browser based) of the outlook and NOT the outlook directly to use MAPI protocol

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Can you please share your experience with the outlook web access? Which protocol are you using? Do you see any issue?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

As I was trying to access the Outlook via a browser (IE 8.0), I tried to record it using Ajax TruClient protocol instead of using MAPI protocol (need to use it only when outlook is accessed directly - am I correct?). But it was not rubust as it runs successfully sometimes and it does not move on to the next step (stuck) after logging in.

The steps I am trying to record are: login, click drafts and logout.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

When tried to record using the standard HTTP protocol, could not record after seeing the logging page because of a couople of image files taking long time to download. Version of the LR we use 11.03.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Have you managed to record all the steps with TruClient protocol?

Is the replay passing sometimes or it is always failing. What is the error message you are receiving.

Kind regards,

Vesela

HPE Support
If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give Kudos to the author for their assistance.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

For the downloading image issue you can try the following in Web(http/thml) protocol in Recording Options -> HTTP Properties -> Advanced -> Content Types -> Exclude content types in list and mark image/jpeg and image/gif.

Kind regards,

Vesela

HPE Support
If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give Kudos to the author for their assistance.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

HTTP protocol: It was .png files taking long time to download so selecting the other image files option does not help. There isn't an option for .png in the list.

Ajax: It does not give any error message and I have to force it to stop.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi, 

You can add image/png by clicking on the + button. 

If I understand you correctly, in Ajax TruClient during recoding hangs due to this page download. Is this correct? 

Kind regards, 

Vesela 

HPE Support

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.