Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

When Loadrunner launches MSTSC, it doesn't appear on desktop

Jump to solution
Hello,

I'm attempting to record a Vugen script for Loadrunner 9.51 using the RDP protocol. I take the default settings in the Recording Options, and when I start to record the script, MSTSC doesn't appear on the desktop. I check the Task Manager and I see the process running. I also tried creating a connection setting files (.rdp) but it too doesn't display the MSTSC window. I'm not sure what else to try and hoping for some suggestions.

One note is that I'm attempting to record the script while remoted into a W2K3 SP2 machine.

Thanks in advance!
-David
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: When Loadrunner launches MSTSC, it doesn't appear on desktop

Jump to solution
Check your DEP settings in control panel -> System -> Advanced and performance settings.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Check your DEP settings in control panel -> System -> Advanced and performance settings.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Right click on MyComputer properties - > Advanced - > Settings - > Data Execution and Prevention, Then select the option

Tun on DEP for all Program and Services except those I select :

Then add following two service and check the check boxes,

1. Remote Desktop Connection
2. WMI Performance Adapter Service.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution
Thank you very much, MSTSC now lauches when recording a script!

However, I didn't the 2nd item, WMI Performance Adapter Service, listed. Should I add this to the list, and if so, which .exe file is it?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.