Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Where can we locate Response in Web (HTTP/HTML) protocol

I used Web (HTTP/HTML) protocol to record a Windows based .Net application.
I can see sript with "web_custom_request"
Where can i see the response so that i can validate what is coming from the server.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Where can we locate Response in Web (HTTP/HTML) protocol

Look in the Record log or play your script back with full logging and look in the Replay log.

General-->Log Check Enable logging, Always send messages, Extended log, Parameter substitution, and Data returned by server.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

So if we are attempting to correlate some value which is being returned by the server and probably based upon the above reply is supposed to be present in the replay log, then how can we use that value.
please suggest.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi Atul

Do you mean you will wait for a certain value e.g value1 that is a dynamic value? out of the script and then you want to use the value that it gives further in the script?

What you will want to use is the lr_save_param feature in vugen.

--Regards
--Mario
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.