Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Whether to install LR on Remote for Diagnostics and Running it.

HI Iam trying to access remote machine and record the application from localmachine (windows XP).
What and all the access i need on remote machine
where do i need to install the DIAGNOSTICS and CONTROLLER part
Do i have to install them on the remote machine
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Whether to install LR on Remote for Diagnostics and Running it.

What kind of application are you planning to load test on?

Why are you connecting to the remote machine? Is it that you can access the application only from that remote machine?

Can you access/script your application from your local machine?

Thanks
Prashanth T
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HI
First of all Thanks for ur reply.
I can access the application from remote machine only.
How to start with the recording of remote application?
What are the details RDP protocol?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You have still not told the technology/type of application that you are planning to test 🙂

If it is a web application that can be accessed from the browser of the remote machine, then you should have Vugen installed on the remote machine so that you can script it from there. You will have to use your local machine merely to connect to the remote machine and invoke the Vugen there and do the entire recording on the remote machine.

Thanks
Prashanth T
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Prashanth,
Its a web application.
But is not possible for me to do it from the local machine itself using the RDP protocol?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You can try using the RDP protocol, so that it can record the connection from your local to remote machine and then to the web application. The RDP protocol scripts can be tough to get it work as expected.

However, think of the situation when you are running this script for multiple users with your so-called RDP protocol. You should be having multiple user ids to connect to your remote machine as having a single user id for remote connection would disconnect other users when you are running multiple users and this would be more of a performance testing of your remote connection rather than your application, as the actions you do on your application will be recorded as objects with x,y co-ordinates which would be more of a GUI testing kind.

Instead of complicating the scenario so much, the best way to do it is install Vugen on the remote machine and record the application and run it from there using web protocol. This will help you in getting the actual performance of your application as your timings would be related to server-client interactions rather than the GUI based timers when you use RDP. I would still suggest web protocol with Vugen installed on the remote machine

Thanks
Prashanth Thimmavajjala
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank u Prashanth.
So u suggest me to install it on the client machine and then go ahead right.
then what abt Diagnostics part?
Where can i install that?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I hope you have read the documentation/basics of diagnostics. First, make sure if your application really needs the diagnostics data.

You can install the diagnostics server on either the same machine as your controller or a different machine. You will have to install a diagnostics probe on your server of your application that you are planning to monitor,to collect the data and send it to your diagnostics server for reporting. The probe software varies depending on the operating system of your server.

Remember to run only small amount of your user load with the diagnostics configuration as the data will be really large and hence low load for diagnostics is suggested.

Thanks
Prashanth Thimmavajjala
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Prashanth Thank u for ur timely help.
surely i will revert to u incase of any issues.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.