Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Which Protocol is suitable for MS-Access application.

HI ,

Please suggest me which protocol is suitable for ,y application. Its a MS-Access package application. Please find attached requirements for my application:

Thanks & Regards,
Srinivas.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Which Protocol is suitable for MS-Access application.

Try using ODBC protocol if the testing involves a direct access to the DB. Also recommend to use Protocol Advisor to finalize.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HI,
I have tried to record by using ODBC protocol but no luck, nothing is recording.

Here the application is accessing through Citix, when I used Protocol advisor its suggestweb and Ajax prtocols, I tried those protocols but record only the citrix events... not application.

In this application we are using DB is Oracle but the application is developed in Ms-Access, to install this we required .net framework aslo.

Please suggest me which protocol is suitable for this application.

Thanks & Regards,
Srinivas.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

For citrix apps you may want to record with Citrix_ica.
Refer vugen user guide for citrix protocol for further details..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HI,

Foe Citrix I am able to record successfully, even while re-run the script aslo i didnt face any issues. but in application is not recording in any protocol.. I tried with ODBC, Web, Ajax, Oracle-2tier etc...

Please provide me the solution whisch protocol is support for MS-Access type of applications with Oracle DB.(IIS is app server).

Regards,
Srinivas.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

ODBC prototol.

Start New Script with ODBC protocol

Launch Excel through VuGen (path could be such as: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE)

Click - Data > Import External Data >  New Database Query > MS Access Database > fill your details and it should work.

Thank you

raj_xx

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.