Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Why "% Disk Time" and "% Idle Time" in SUM are not 100%?

Jump to solution

I have result of loadtest and in one moment two measurement have next values:

% Disk Time - 1.635%

% Idle Time - 98.807%

% Disk Time + % Idle Time  = 100,442%

Why its not 100%?

Or this measurement are not depend on each other?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Why "% Disk Time" and "% Idle Time" in SUM are not 100%?

Jump to solution

Hi,

They do compliment one another but even if you look at the values of these measurements in Windows Performance Monitor it never sums up to 100 (see sample below). It is always a bit higher/lower than 100.

I guess it is due to a small lag in Windows measurements infrastructure.

Sample_1.pngRegards,
Shlomi

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Why "% Disk Time" and "% Idle Time" in SUM are not 100%?

Jump to solution

Hi,

They do compliment one another but even if you look at the values of these measurements in Windows Performance Monitor it never sums up to 100 (see sample below). It is always a bit higher/lower than 100.

I guess it is due to a small lag in Windows measurements infrastructure.

Sample_1.pngRegards,
Shlomi

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.