Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Why to go for "Add Files to script"?

In Vugen, "Add files to script" option is available in the file menu. Is this option used to add the dll's or to add additional packages. Can anyone tell the need for this option/
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

"Add files to script" is used to add fiels required for your script to complete the operation like dlls or files that you plan to upload using the script or any relational file. This option will add the file chosen into the script folder, this way it ensures that the files will travel along with your script to the loadgenerators while you are running your load test and it avoids the task of copying your files each time into the loadgenerators before starting the test.

Thanks
Prashanth T
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

In my case, I keep all of my common functions in a .c file, and attach it to each script. This allows me to keep a common file structure for all of my scripts, which can be very handy if maintaing property files manually.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Yes, I agree with both. Adding files is an handy operation which enables smooth operation without the need to check for the external links everytime. It is very useful in custom DLL files , custom header files for loading any custom developed functions or external standardized data for any paramter substitution.

-Raj

Regards,
Raj

Like this Post? Click Kudos! to show appreciation.
Is your issue addressed? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" against the post which helped you the most.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have another question in the same area.
I need to add custom C function to VUGen script.
For example:

char *foo(char *value){
return value;
}

So, I create foo.c with this function and added this foo.c to the script files.
VUGen compiles main script (with foo call) fine but when it runs it says - undefined method call.
File foo.c is attached, compilation is good - why it doesn't run?

Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.