Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Will IdentityChanger be fixed in 12.x - it has a major flaw in 11.52

Jump to solution

specifically - a user in the TDAdmin group of LabManagement does NOT HAVE PERMISSION to run the IdentityChanger. This is ridiculous. TDAdmin is supposed to be "god". So, at least in 11.52, you must create a customer group so you can enable running IdentityChanger.

In addtion:

1. There is ZERO documentation about the above limitation

2. It took HP support 3 MONTHS to identify this problem

3. The error you get in IdentiyChange is unhelpful (which I believe is why it took support 3 months! They kept insisting that it was a problem of the IUSR_METRO account not having full admin rights, which is ridiculous as well.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Ron I already explained this to your customer. Also the error message was pretty obvious about the missing privilege which is what pointed us to look in this area. I already verfied this in 12.x and have confirmed that this has been fixed in 12.x version and the problem was evident only in 11.5x

Agree that it shouldn't have taken this long to narrow down and we aplogize for the delay. Once the issue got to my attention, think we solved it in much shorter time. The error was a little misleading in the sense the engineer was more focussing on the IUSR_METRO permission than the ALM user. Nevertheless, I have already documented this and will make sure this info gets into a KB article so to have a reference for future

Thanks,

HP Support

Microfocus Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hello Ronald,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are going to take that into consideration for a possible Enhancement Request.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience

Regards,

Daniela Gómez Alvarado
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Ron I already explained this to your customer. Also the error message was pretty obvious about the missing privilege which is what pointed us to look in this area. I already verfied this in 12.x and have confirmed that this has been fixed in 12.x version and the problem was evident only in 11.5x

Agree that it shouldn't have taken this long to narrow down and we aplogize for the delay. Once the issue got to my attention, think we solved it in much shorter time. The error was a little misleading in the sense the engineer was more focussing on the IUSR_METRO permission than the ALM user. Nevertheless, I have already documented this and will make sure this info gets into a KB article so to have a reference for future

Thanks,

HP Support

Microfocus Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.