Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

(Windows 7 & IE 8)-Recording issue.No events are recorded when I choose HTTP/HTML protocol

Jump to solution
Hi,

Please help me on the below issues which I am facing.

1)I am not able to record web applications in LR 9.5 using Web(HTTP/HTML) .But when i choose protocol as Web (Click and Script) its recording.
I am using IE is 8 and Windows 7.

2)For testing web application which protocol we need to us.

3)Is LR 9.5 supports windows 7 as well as IE8?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Rajani
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.
Hi Rajni,

Please find below

1)I am not able to record web applications in LR 9.5 using Web(HTTP/HTML) .But when i choose protocol as Web (Click and Script) its recording.

LR 9.5 is not supported on windows.U can goahead and install LR 11 for windows 7.

YOu can used protocol advisor features from vugen 9.5 onwards which tells you what is the communication protocol between client and server.

FOr web based normally u can used web(http/html)..best way to deal go for protocol advisor

LR 9.5 not supported on win 7 nor IE 8

Regards,
Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......

View solution in original post

0 Likes
15 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.
Hi Rajni,

Please find below

LR 9.5 is not supported on windows.U can goahead and install LR 11 for windows 7.

YOu can used protocol advisor features from vugen 9.5 onwards which tells you what is the communication protocol between client and server.

FOr web based normally u can used web(http/html)..best way to deal go for protocol advisor

LR 9.5 not supported on win 7 nor IE 8

Regards,
Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..
Hi Parker,

I have one more Question.

My company gave me LR software , the folder contains the Analysis.exe, LRVugen.exe,LRGenerator.exe,Monitors.exe,
snapshortViewer.exe.

1)My question is LRController.exe missing?
Because when I load LR Trial version 9 months back I saw the LRContoller pane.Because when user selects Run, then it takes to LR Controller.

2)How to I degrade from Windows 7 to Windows XP?

3)LR supports upto IE 7 right?

Am I correct.
Please advise me ASP.

Thanks in advance.

-Rajani
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

How to I degrade from Windows 7 to Windows XP?

I tried using backword compability features from windows 7 to winodws xp but no luck..you have to use win xp upto LR 9.5

Otherwise install LR 11 if you want ie 8 and win 7 features..

below is the steps for you downloading LR 11

Search for "HP Software - Download Center"
Click Link "Download Center - HP Software"
Enter "load runner trial version" in Keyword text box.
Choose "Trial Software" from Refine search by resource type
Click Search button
Click "HP Load Runner 11.00 Evaluation" Link
To download evaluation version, user should have registered with HP.
Enter user Credentials if you have and sign-in
(or)
Register with HP site
Click I Agree button
Download the following two files to the same directory of your system
1. Software_HP_LoadRunner_11.00_T7177_15013.zip
2. Software_HP_LoadRunner_11.00_T7177_15013.z01
while downloading .z01 file, give double quotes (") around file name. ("Software_HP_LoadRunner_11.00_T7177_15013.z01")
Otherwise it will override the existing zip file
Using win zip
rigth click "Software_HP_LoadRunner_11.00_T7177_15013.zip"
Click "Extract here" option
Extraction results in "T7177-15013.zip" file.
Again extract this file using win zip to T7177-15013 folder.
This results in the Full installation.
Double click folder "T7177-15013" and setup file is available in the folder

Installation guide is available in HP website... around 700 MB

Thanks
Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.
Yes LR 9.5 supports upto IE 7 only..

There are some beta patches available with LR 9.52 version that supports IE8..Check with hp internal team if its required.

But i would suggest go ahead with LR 11

Thanks
Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..
Hi Parker,

Yes, Yesterday I installed LR 11.00 on windows XP and played around it. Itâ s awesome.
And I also installed on my laptop also which as Windows 7 OS and IE 8, but I have-not tried .I will play around on that and I will let you know, incase If need any assistance.

I have below questions.
1)My company got License for 9.5 LR, my question Can company apply the same key for LR 11.0, if they install trial version?
2)I know there is Data Parametarization Option in QTP , If I want to Login with 1000 different users.

How can I do in LR?

Thnaks in advance.

- Rajani
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..
Hi Rajani,

Please find my answers below.

1)My company got License for 9.5 LR, my question Can company apply the same key for LR 11.0, if they install trial version?

No, you need to get license for 11 separately. Even if you install trail version binaries, you can apply the license once you get one.

2)I know there is Data Parametarization Option in QTP , If I want to Login with 1000 different users.

In VuGen you need to use parameters & increment concept based on Vuser or you can use random method (if it is ok). Read the VuGen function reference & using guide, they will guide you all through good examples & provide complete step by step approach.

-Raj

Regards,
Raj

Like this Post? Click Kudos! to show appreciation.
Is your issue addressed? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" against the post which helped you the most.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..
Hi Parker,

Thanks a lot!

Ya, sure I will refer the guide.

-Rajani
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..
Hi Rajashekar,

Sorry ! I used wrong name.
I thought it's Parker.

Thanks a lot!

-Rajani
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..
Hi,

In my LR 9.52 start page , Under Vuser Menu For some reason its bydefault the below mentioned buttons always disabled.

How can I Enable these buttons
1.Scan Script for correlation
2.Scan for correlation
3.Correlation at cursor

Note : Under Tools Menu -->Record Options-->Correlations tab enabled.

Could some one also help me how to resolve "Button not found(MsgId -26226)" issue
Thanks,
Rajani
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi,

1) I am facing similar issue. I am recording scripts using
web(click and script), Loadrunner 11 , IE 7.
ii am trying to record script to generate report based on params submitted in the form.
After submitting the params and click on generate tab. A pop-up window opens saying report submitted successfully.when i replay the script i dont see the pop-up in replay.

I am seeing some javascript errors/warning)

Action.c(78): Notify: Transaction "C1-001-04_Enter_Report_Info" started.
Action.c(82): web_edit_field("reportName") was successful [MsgId: MMSG-26392]
Action.c(91): web_edit_field("note") was successful [MsgId: MMSG-26392]
Action.c(100): web_list("reportTypeParam") was successful [MsgId: MMSG-26392]
Action.c(108): web_list("ctIdParam") was successful [MsgId: MMSG-26392]
Action.c(118): web_edit_field("stAbsDate") was successful [MsgId: MMSG-26392]
Action.c(129): web_edit_field("stAbsDate_2") was successful [MsgId: MMSG-26392]
Action.c(140): web_edit_field("endAbsDate") was successful [MsgId: MMSG-26392]
Action.c(151): Warning -26278: Running ActiveX objects disallowed for this Vuser type. Use the "AJAX (Click and Script)" protocol [MsgId: MWAR-26278]
Action.c(151): Warning -26278: Running ActiveX objects disallowed for this Vuser type. Use the "AJAX (Click and Script)" protocol [MsgId: MWAR-26278]
Action.c(151): Warning -26276: JavaScript error (id=39) in line 693: TypeError: batch.iframe has no properties [MsgId: MWAR-26276]
Action.c(151): Warning -26276: JavaScript error (id=0) in line 1: JavaScript evaluation error when executing function (by pointer) [MsgId: MWAR-26276]
Action.c(151): Warning -26000: Evaluating decompiled script failed for "INPUT" DOM element (name="") "click", listed in the following line: [MsgId: MWAR-26000]
Action.c(151): Warning -26000: return submitForm('generate'); [MsgId: MWAR-26000]

2)

when the report(PDF) is generated.The page displays the list of reports.

when i click on the hyperlink the following fuction is being called.

lr_start_transaction("C1-001-07_Open_Report");

lr_think_time(26);

web_text_link("Intraday_2",
"Snapshot=t60.inf",
DESCRIPTION,
"Text=Intraday",
"Ordinal=1",
ACTION,
"UserAction=Click",
LAST);

lr_end_transaction("C1-001-07_Open_Report",LR_AUTO);

it will open a report in new tab in IE7 browser when recording. I dont see the pdf opened in Browser while i play back.There is some heavy javascript code in the page where i click on the href to open link.

log:
Action.c(178): Notify: Transaction "C1-001-07_Open_Report" started.
Action.c(182): Text-linking to "http://iex14.cmg.convergys.com/TV4/rv/rvFrames.jsp?encrypted=cid%3DIEX14C3%26oid%3D2a8e1c902b8e0ce6012b92d7945e069c%26f%3DPDF" [MsgId: MMSG-26248]
Action.c(182): Downloading a frame with URL="http://iex14.cmg.convergys.com/TV4/rv/rvDisposeFrame.jsp" [MsgId: MMSG-26241]
Action.c(182): Downloading a frame with URL="http://iex14.cmg.convergys.com/TV4/rv/rv.jsp?encrypted=cid%3DIEX14C3%26oid%3D2a8e1c902b8e0ce6012b92d7945e069c%26f%3DPDF" [MsgId: MMSG-26241]
Action.c(182): web_text_link("Intraday_2") was successful, 9645 body bytes, 991 header bytes, 39 chunking overhead bytes [MsgId: MMSG-26385]
Action.c(191): Notify: Transaction "C1-001-07_Open_Report" ended with "Pass" status (Duration: 1.2468 Wasted Time: 0.0060).
Action.c(193): Notify: Transaction "C1-001-08_Close_Report" started.
Action.c(195): Notify: Transaction "C1-001-08_Close_Report" ended with "Pass" status (Duration: 0.0005).
Action.c(197): Notify: Transaction "C1-001-09_Delete_Report" started.
Action.c(199): Notify: Transaction "C1-001-09_Delete_Report" ended with "Pass" status (Duration: 0.0012).
Action.c(201): Notify: Transaction "C1-001-10_Logout" started.

3) after this its not recording any events for the remaining transactions like, closing the report, deleting the report, loging out.

I do not see any of these snapshots in the playback.

issues : unable to see Pop-up window,PDF report and closing of the report, deleting report.

It coud be of tabbed browsing, javascript.i played around both nothing seems to work.

Please find the attachments.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

vikram.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..
Hi Vikram,

You said your application has heavy JavaScript , My concern is better to go for Ajax TruClient Protocol.It's new in LR 11.0
Try to record and replay the same scenario using Ajax Truclient Protocol.

It supports the application that has JavaScript and Web technologies.

Thanks,
Raj
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.