Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Winsock Protocol Issue

I am faced with a issue and i have been working on this for the past 1 week with no clue on whats causing the problem.

I have a desktop based application , that is installed on my desktop.It has a remote Application DB.

I am using winsock protocol to do performance testing of this application.

Recording in winsock protocol I faced no issues.

Basically i am doing the following steps 1) cretaing a new record 2) Updating the status of the new record from "new" to "pending". 3) exiting the application.

Each time i create a new record a new invoice Id is created and this ID needs to be correlated as it will be used for updating the status. i have done that.

The issue is when i run the script , it passes the new record step and i am also manually able to see the new record but the issue is when the update call is executed by the script "lrs_send("socket0", "buf32", LrsLastArg);" - the DB throws a error that this record was already updated by some one and it displays the following error message:

Now i have also gone in manually and tried to change the status of the above record from "new" to "pending" and it works. I have compared the request with the one sent by Vugen vs manually and both are same.( the invoice id correlated is matching with the manualy one).

I contacted application team and they say that sone else is updating the same record but practically i am not seeing how could it happen as i am the only one doing the work and each time a new unqiue Id is created for every record.

I am failing to understand what is causing this issue.

Any suggestions/thoughts/help is greatly appreciated.

God bless you for your time and help.

Regards
Sunny

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Winsock Protocol Issue

Hi Sunny,

From the error it seems that the script is trying to update the record that was created during recording (and not the newly created record during replay).

This mostly would happen when you miss some correlation. Try to find out if there is any other correlation that is required. Also, ensure that all instances of invoice ID are taken care of.

You could also attach your script along with replay logs here.

Archana
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.