Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Winsock Scripting Issues

I am Using Winsock protocol to create a script which goes like below

1. Going to URL: www.XXXXXXX.com
2. Clicking on the link provided on the webpage to connect through the Mainframe terminal (3270), using JNLP file through web Connect client.
3. Enter command “ncamfdy” and press Enter
4. Enter credentials.

The above is the scenario which I need to script.I am able to script it through Winsock protocol only,

The problem is

1. I am getting the data in buffer is in binary format which is completely not understandable, which restricts me to do any enhancement to replay the script successfully.
2. I need to change the JNLP file which is having a host IP, currently every time through webclient it is pointing to the same JNLP file.

If some one can suggest me to how to convert these data in the ASCII format in the buffer and also how to change the JNLP file to point the other environment would be very helpful.

Umair Farooqui
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Winsock Scripting Issues

what are you testing for ? Seems like you are going in the wrong way.I assume that you are testing the application rather than the webconnect client.am i right in reading you ?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Winsock Scripting Issues

Hi Charu,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually this is the business requirement, we need to go through in this way.

Regards
Umair
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.