Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

band width and latency test

Hi,

I am using LoadRunner 9.50.0. I am doing performance testing on SharePoint application.

As part of performance testing I have to do latency testing for lower bandwidths(128KBytes/sec).

There are 2 executions.

1. Execution with 500 VUsers load, with maximum bandwidth

2. Execution with 500 VUsers load, with specified bandwidth by client (128 KBytes/sec)

Finally I need to compare both executions results.

Here I have few quries.

1. For 1st execution In Runtime Settings->Speed Simulation, I have selected "Use maximum bandwidth" radio button. So it should use the max bandwidth available in LAN.

In this I want to know what was the bandwidth being used in the execution. How to find that value?

Because I want to know whether utilized bandwidth is higher than 128KBytes or not. Incase if it is not higher than 128KBytes then it means my LAN will not support bandwidth more or equal to 128KBytes. In that case I can't go with Latency Test which was requsted by client.

So, to confirm this I want to know what was the bandwidth utilized during execution. Is there any way to findout that from the test results?

2. If in Runtime Settings->Speed Simulation, if I select "Use custom bandwidth" radio button and if I provide 1048576 bits (i.e. 128KBytes) and if my LAN doesn't suuport 128KBytes then will it use the maximum bandwidth which is available in the LAN or will it throw the error? What will be the behaviour.

Kindly some one help me in getting more clarity on Latency Testing and bandwidth related information.

Providing solution will be really appriciable.

Thanks,
Swapna Narla
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: band width and latency test

Hi Swapna,
You need to contact network team to find the bandwidth between LoadGenerator and target server name. Based on that value, you can find the network utilization from the collected graphs/data in LR.

Network Utilization = (Used/Total) * 100.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.