Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

correlation in LR

> How can i capture the variable when both left boundary and right boundary are also changing every iteration for every other user??

> How can use unique different value each time from a response of 50 values, can i increment Ordinal value every iteration??

Will be very thankfull if any one can help me on the above questions.

PS:: I dont want to send the values in flat file to the script

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: correlation in LR

I am sure the LG and RB will be created some where before this current parameter in this case . Can you capture them and then use the variable LB adn RB that feeds from the previous captured value at top

In case LB and RB Change directly at current step , then you could try to capture entire response and delimit the value using C style delemiting of larger variable.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: correlation in LR

LoadRunner 11.00 introduced new web_reg_save_param functions that helps a lot in handling such cases. Despite the fact the values are changing every iteration and also for different users, I am sure there is some finite logic you can follow and address.

Can you share two/threee examples of server response so this forum can advice on a specific solution?

Regarding you second question.... here is my suggesion

1. Capture these 50 values once and store it in an array for example,

2. Run some algorithm to pick a unique value from them

3. Remove the selected value from the initial array to avoid selecting it next time

4. Once the array becomes empty, you can initialize it again

You can implement the above using unique LoadRunner paramater without implementing your own logic, but this will require you to place the values in a parameter file in design time

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.