Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

error when using 2 load Generators when sceanario is set by Duration

In the controller, I added same script twice (2 groups) using 2 different Load generators. Is this the right way?
My script uses a parameter from a file, which has 10,000 rows.
Scenario has 50Vusers, and set to run for 10 mins. I get the following error -
Error: Parameter 'Users': No more unique values for this parameter in table 'SC_member_users.txt' [unique range is 61-70]. The Vuser is aborted according to "When Out Of Values" policy.

When I change this scenario to run by number of iterations, instead of duration then it works fine.
OR When I run it by duration, but use only one Load Generators, it works fine.
Why can't I make it work to run by set duration, while using 2 Load Generators?

Is this the right way to setup multiple load generators to be used by same script?

Thanks,
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: error when using 2 load Generators when sceanario is set by Duration

Manisha,

Yes, you can use. As you selected Unique user and abort Vuser when out of values in the parameter options, it was throwing that error. When you run it by duration, it runs N number of iterations in that duration. May be the Unique parameters are over and throwing the error.

If you see the Vusers logs of all 50 Vusers, it will be more clear.

Regards,
Madan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: error when using 2 load Generators when sceanario is set by Duration

First, when you are planning to use the same script for multiple LGs, I would suggest you to make two copies of the script and use it for each LG.

Your next problem about parameters is to do with your parameter settings. How many parameter values do you have in your parameter file and what is the parameter file setting. I would suggest you to have the parameter setting as unique once and this should solve your problem.

Thanks
Prashanth T
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.