Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

event name "lrc_auto_detect_dll" not found

Jump to solution

Hi,

Iam trying to record a script using .Net protocol but nothing gets recorded, i get the error message 

[Vugen Inspector Error ( fb0: 6b4)] IN Event ignored - event name "lrc_auto_detect_dll" not found
[Vugen Inspector Error ( fb0: 6b4)] OUT Event ignored - event name "lrc_auto_detect_dll" not found

Can somebody please help to resolve this issue, i have tried using oher protocols also like COM DOM but the same error message comes up

Regards,

Zoheb

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Re: event name "lrc_auto_detect_dll" not found

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am having the same issue when I started using Windows 7.  Since I don't know which O/S your are using,  I will provide you with HP Support's recommendations

It’s always recommended to use LoadRunner (LR) with  Administrative rights. However, due to security reasons in the organizations, it’s not possible to assign Administrator  role to the user. So, below are the minimal rights that are required to use LR without any problem:

1. Full access (read/write permissions) to registry keys under:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Mercury Interactive
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\Mercury Interactive
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\Microsoft\\Jet
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\Microsoft\\Tracing
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\WMI

2. Full access (read/write permissions) to the file system (%LR_PATH%) to be able to copy files.

3. Read/Write access to system TEMP folder (%TEMP% or %TMP% directory)

4. Read/Write access to windows installation directory (%windir% directory).

>> Related to the Antivirus, also you need that you disable this feature, because is a “know issue” that the Antivirus cause problems when you use LoadRunner, especially when you record the application and also when you make a replay on the VuGen.

>> About the DEP, Disable DEP

To disable DEP follow these steps:

Login to Windows with a user account that has administrative privileges,
From a DOS command line run the command "> bcdedit.exe",
Confirm the default value for the "nx" parameter. If it is OptIn then DEP is enabled,
Disable DEP by setting the "nx" parameter to "AlwaysOff" using the command "> bcdedit.exe /set nx AlwaysOff",
Rerun the command in step 2 above and verify that the "nx" parameter is set to "AlwaysOff",
Reboot the system to ensure that the "nx" parameter setting takes effect anExd DEP is disabled.

I have followed all those steps except disabling Antivirus protection because of corporate policy.

It get the error sometimes but the recording continues.

Laurent

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am having the same issue when I started using Windows 7.  Since I don't know which O/S your are using,  I will provide you with HP Support's recommendations

It’s always recommended to use LoadRunner (LR) with  Administrative rights. However, due to security reasons in the organizations, it’s not possible to assign Administrator  role to the user. So, below are the minimal rights that are required to use LR without any problem:

1. Full access (read/write permissions) to registry keys under:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Mercury Interactive
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\Mercury Interactive
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\Microsoft\\Jet
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\Microsoft\\Tracing
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\WMI

2. Full access (read/write permissions) to the file system (%LR_PATH%) to be able to copy files.

3. Read/Write access to system TEMP folder (%TEMP% or %TMP% directory)

4. Read/Write access to windows installation directory (%windir% directory).

>> Related to the Antivirus, also you need that you disable this feature, because is a “know issue” that the Antivirus cause problems when you use LoadRunner, especially when you record the application and also when you make a replay on the VuGen.

>> About the DEP, Disable DEP

To disable DEP follow these steps:

Login to Windows with a user account that has administrative privileges,
From a DOS command line run the command "> bcdedit.exe",
Confirm the default value for the "nx" parameter. If it is OptIn then DEP is enabled,
Disable DEP by setting the "nx" parameter to "AlwaysOff" using the command "> bcdedit.exe /set nx AlwaysOff",
Rerun the command in step 2 above and verify that the "nx" parameter is set to "AlwaysOff",
Reboot the system to ensure that the "nx" parameter setting takes effect anExd DEP is disabled.

I have followed all those steps except disabling Antivirus protection because of corporate policy.

It get the error sometimes but the recording continues.

Laurent

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

In the context you are using it, it can be ignored with no problems.

Regards,

Mario.

HP LR/PC Support

If you are customer you can try posting on our internal forums for more personalized support.

LoadRunner:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/LoadRunner-Support-Customer/bd-p/loadrunner-support-customer-forum

Performance Center:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Performance-Center-Support/bd-p/performance-center-support-customer

How to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ChlysWupWM

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.