Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

globals.h is missing

Hello everyone,

Iam using LR 8.0. When I record a script, the globals.h is missing. I can just see vuser_init, action and vuser_end. I would like to include the files in globals.h but I don't have it. Is this the problem with the version ?

Thanks
Sri
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: globals.h is missing

What protocol you are using?
Email any Performance related queries, will do my BEST!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sri, is there any reason you are still using LR 8.0? If you just installed it and it never worked, you could consider:
* uninstalling it,
* try to install a more recent version,
* see if you still have the problem.

Regards,
./Sebastien

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sebastien,

It's the office that is using it. I don't have rights to uninstall LR 8.0. They are planning to move to 9.1 but it will be too long to wait.

Thanks
Sri
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi Sri,

Do you have any existing script. If yes try importing global.h file into your new script location. If it works then we can place this global.h into LR include location. Or in alternate you just can create script tamplete which you can use again an again whenever you require to create new script.

Good Luck!!!!

Thanks
Ajay
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Ajay,

I tried importing a existing global.h to my script, it didn't work. And what you mean by to create a template.... to create one more script which just has include files which I can reuse it? Pls let me know

Thanks
Sri
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi Sri,

Make sure you are placing global.h from the script which was created with similar protocol.
Tell me what protocol you are using to create script?
Script tamplete is just kind of standard tamplete which you can use to everytime when you create new script to maintain same standards across all the script but make sure protocol are same.

Thanks
Ajay
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.