Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

having many actions in single script Vs having many separate scripts

Jump to solution
Hi,
I would like to know what is the difference between having many actions in a single script or having many separate scripts with minimum actions.

Please let me know the impact of having many transaction in a single Action also.

Thanks in advance.
Saravana .S
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: having many actions in single script Vs having many separate scripts

Jump to solution
Hi Saravana,

It is better to have a minimal no of scripts with multiple actions. These are because:-

If you donot have a very high end controller, compiling and running a very large no of scripts simultinously during execution may throw a large no of errors which are not related to scenarios at all but they are controller error but they will affect your test execution.

But remember, 1 script having multiple action means a single user is performing all these actions. So, if there is requirement of seperate users will be performing the actions, then you will have no options ather than creating seepate scripts for those actions.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution
Can you tell me from what perspective you are asking?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I would like to know the best practise and how it matters if i do in either ways?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Saravana,

It is better to have a minimal no of scripts with multiple actions. These are because:-

If you donot have a very high end controller, compiling and running a very large no of scripts simultinously during execution may throw a large no of errors which are not related to scenarios at all but they are controller error but they will affect your test execution.

But remember, 1 script having multiple action means a single user is performing all these actions. So, if there is requirement of seperate users will be performing the actions, then you will have no options ather than creating seepate scripts for those actions.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thanks a lot Arnab.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.