Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

how to determin memory usage of a vuser

protocol: web(html/http)
how much memory is resuired to run 1 vuser on loadgenerator machine.

how can we determine the memory usage of the vuser while the script is being run. which graph and which counter is used to determine the memory that is used by one vuser.
Suppose i run a script in controller then which graph and value should i look at to determine the memory required for the vuser.
Also when we say that memory usage depend on the complexity of script then what do we mean by this. what are the parameters that make a script as ' simple' or 'complex'.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: how to determin memory usage of a vuser

By default, vusers run as threads in a single memory pool, so it is not always simple to calculate the memory footprint. Your best bet is to run your script and measure private bytest of mmdrv.exe on the load generator for a single user.

Mark Tomlinson has a good writeup on this:

http://www.communities.hp.com/online/blogs/loadrunner/archive/2009/01/14/87469.aspx
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: how to determin memory usage of a vuser

web protocol would use minimum of 1 MB per user.

If you are running large volume of VUers, I suggest you to log a case with HP support and get the recommended specs.

If you provide protocol and number of VUsers, they can help in proviidng specs and configurations for your LR generator.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.