Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

how to get network response time from transaction response time?

transaction response time what we can see in loadrunner analyzer part is basically sum of:

1.Time taken for the request made to the web server
2.Time taken by the web server to process
3.Time taken by the application server to process
4.Time taken by the database server to process
5.Time taken for the procesed request to come back to the client / user through various routes
6.Time taken for the request or data in the network transmission is also considered in this – Network latency between the servers and the client

but if i want to know what is the exact network response time, i mean the time taken for server response the how can i do that?
Is there any option in setting of loadrunner controller from where it is possible to analyze the same?
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: how to get network response time from transaction response time?

How about using the Web diagnostics graph? It has an option to display Time to first buffer. You can also correlate this graph with Avg Transaction Response time in order to analyze whether the problems are network-related or server-related.

Hope this helps!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.