Highlighted
Visitor.

how to read values from csv file and append incremental number to the first column and write it

how to read values from csv file and append incremental number to the first ID column and write it to a new CSV file using C techniques in load runner

my sample data is

ID|name|country|city|location
12345|Anthony|india|bangalore|Africa
12589|Thomas|India|chittor|rAmerica
48785|luke|london|malaysia|goa
58967|richard|singapore|hawai|dehradun
12584|mike|US|houston|bay

new file:

ID|name|country|city|location
01_12345|Anthony|india|bangalore|Africa
02_12589|Thomas|India|chittor|rAmerica
03_48785|luke|london|malaysia|goa
04_58967|richard|singapore|hawai|dehradun
05_12584|mike|US|houston|bay

0 Likes
1 Reply
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hello,

Greetings,

Are you trying to perform this action using Vugen? If yes could you share the sample script to me so I can see how you configured this and perform some testing internally to see if it can work?

Thanks and regards,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.