Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

how to record StarNet\X-Win32 program

anyone got any experience or suggestions for recording StarNet\X-Win32 program?
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: how to record StarNet\X-Win32 program

Hi,

I guess you are using Web(HTTP/HTML) protocol.

Try with application typ 'Win32 Applications' from Application Type drop down menu on Start Recording window.

Provide required details in start recording window before you start recording.

Thanks
Ajay Kumar
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Ajay Kumar,

Thanks for your caring.

This is not a Web protocol, actually I don't know which protocol should be used, although the Protocal Advisor says:one of them: COM/DCOM, Listing Directory Service (LDAP), Microsoft .NET, Windows Sockets . but none work.

X-Win32 is a terminal client like PUTTY but support GUI as well as characters.

looking for more support!

best regards,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi,

I can understand your concern now. Protocol advisor doesnt help some times.

Probably you can try with Terminal Emulation (RTE) protocol.

It is basically for 'Emulation of users who submit input to, and receive output from, character-based applications.

Good Luck!!!!

If you have SAID then you can contact for HP support on this.

Thanks
Ajay Kumar

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.