Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

how to record unix monitoring in Sitescope/LR

Hi all,

I need to monitor Unix machine, the best option would be is to do it with LR, unfortunately due to different limitations it is impossible(given fact), my workaround is using Sitescope for LR to monitor the Unix and to monitor Sitescope from LR.

The problem that I have is that I need to create an analysis report, basically record the data that Sitescope collects.

The question is how can this be done?
In the LR Controller, I can’t record unless I actually run a session, but I can’t do it since it doesn’t see the Unix. Can this be done there any way? Can I do it in Sitescope?

Any help or suggestion/workaround would be greatly appreciated.

Mind you, I am new to Sitescope so if you suggest something there please be abnormally specific.

Thank you all.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: how to record unix monitoring in Sitescope/LR

Not sure if i understood your question, but here is what i got from your write up.

it looks like you want to use sitescope to monitor some unix server and then incorporate sitescope into Loadrunner and get the counters collected by sitescope through performance center, which will be part of the analysis report.

My answer is yes; loadrunner and sitescope can easily be integrated.

Here what you need to do; I can't give you detailed steps, but here are the basis:

1. Setup the unix monitor from sitescope; make sure sitescope is able to ssh through port 22. the rstatd daemon should be listening on this port

2. Add a sitescope monitor in performance center. When the monitor dialog pops up, enter the sitescope info.

3. then a window will pop up with the available monitors through sitescope.

4. Select the monitor and counters you want to collect.

5 Run a test and the sitescope unix monitor will automatically be displayed.

6. durig the analysis part, the counters collected through sitescope your be available in the report.

hope that helped.

thanks

~hector
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.