Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

ifError Expired error message while replaying the script which was recoreded using OracleNCA and Web

Hi All,

I have recorded the application using multi protocols(OracleNCA & Web(HTTP/HTML)). When I was trying to replay the script it is throwing "ifError expired" error message.

I would like to know what might be the root cause for this error message.

Please try to respond ASAP.

Thanks in Advance
Anil
Please let me know
0 Likes
32 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: ifError Expired error message while replaying the script which was recoreded using OracleNCA and Web

There used to be white papers on what has to be done to get an OracleNCA/Web script to work. You have to edit one of the script config files manually and there are other steps that you need to perform to get the script to play back.

Since the old Mercury site is not available I would imagine that you would need to open up a ticket to get the info.

I should have the bulletins at home. I will try and find them and also upload an example script.

These scripts are not easy to get working. The first time I did one I had to open up a ticket and it took several calls to get it playing back.

Alan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: ifError Expired error message while replaying the script which was recoreded using OracleNCA and Web

I took a quick look at the User's Guide. In the run-time setting there are "Pragma Mode" settings. One of them is "Max Retries". The manual states: "Max Retries. Indicates the maximum numver of IfError messages the client will accept from the server before issuing an error. IfError messages are the periodic messages the server sens to the client, indicating that is will respond with the data as soon as it is able."

Read over the "Creating Oracle NCA Vuser Scripts" section in the User's Guide and the "Creating Oracle NCA Vuser Scripts" in the VuGen guide. The VuGen guide has most of the info that was contained in the how to guides now.

Alan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your information.

It would be great if you could find the article and provide the information.

Thanks in advance
Anil

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I found a sample script. I will upload it tonight. I need to scrub it a little to remove some info. I have not found the how to papers but I will continue to look.

Alan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Here is the sample script that I promised, sorry it took so long. It has the changes described in the howto to get rid of 402 errors, ServerURL correlation that needs to be used in the default.cfg file, and edits to the connect statement.

Also, important is the use of the nca_record.log file that is located in the data dirctory of your script (mine is missing because it had proprietary info.). This file is used for debugging instead of the replay log.

Alan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi medikondaanil I have the same problem that you have, did you manage to solve it? could you shared your experience working with those protocols.

I tried to follow similar documents working with HTTP and NCA protocols but nothing seems to work.

What I noticed is that in my script the correlation for the Jsession ID is saved

web_reg_save_param("NCAJServSessionId",
"LB=",
"RB=",
"Search=Noresource",
LAST);

But when calling

web_url("l90servlet;jsessionid=",
"URL=http://blade6sa.reniec.gob.pe:7784/forms90/l90servlet;jsessionid=ac1002b0ce898244088aff34d6e8af0b6701791b92f.mALvn6iQqQ4IqAjIokjx-ArJmwTKnhCNaN0OcybtahqM-x4Q-x8IahqQ-AeSa69zaMSLaheMn3qTc69zcgSHc30Ka2bApR9HqMTwp65ynhnNmgTMnkTDnkaInQXw-B1z8N4Nbx8OchiPagb48OX3b4DteyztfAXMplaxn6jAmljGr5XDqQLvpAe_?ifcmd=getinfo&ifhost=diagnostic&ifip=151.101.120.101"

use a static jsession, I edited as followed

"URL=http://blade6sa.reniec.gob.pe:7784/forms90/l90servlet;jsessionid=?ifcmd=getinfo&ifhost=diagnostic&ifip=151.101.120.101",

But neither is working.

Any suggestions???
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

You need to put the in the URL portion of the call replacing the original session ID. All you have done here is change the LoadRunner name tag for the call.

Alan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi abooth, you were right, I add the jsessionid on the RB condition and now I only get the

vuser_init.c(121): Error: nca_connect_server: cannot communicate with host blade6sa.reniec.gob.pe on port 7784

I tried to check the attached you posted i this post but the zip file it seems to be damaged, could you please re send it?

Regards

Alfredo
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

See attached. Simple script, just login.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry to bother you again Abooth but the file is still corrupted (file weigth 28.6 kb)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.