Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

invalid post back or call back argument

when i record a brand new .net application script and then develop it for dynamic values and replay the script, the script is working fine. When i try to replay the script after one day, below mentioned error message is obtained. need clarification for the above mentioned issue.

Error message:
Invalid postback or callback argument.  Event validation is enabled using <pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page.  For security purposes, this feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate from the server control that originally rendered them.  If the data is valid and expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in order to register the postback or callback data for validation.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Siva - It may be due to correlation. Few dynamic values changes after a day or week or etc. Please handle the correlation and it will take care of the problem.

-Madhu
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thank you madhu
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Be sure that you are correlating the event validations. Search for them in the generation log to find where they are coming from and correlate there. I never see these reported through auto-correlation, so I always have to search and manually correlate the values, but once this is done it should work.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.