Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

java protocol first iteration performance

I'm having a unique issue here! I'm trying to test my java application which is a core baking application. other channels such az Interbank connect to it separately with different protocols.
i'm willing to get the response times of the core application which as stated is a java protocol.
we use RMI to connect to the server.
consider this scenario:
1 user connects to the application and runs a service. we get a response time of 5 seconds. but when the same user iterates 5 times for the same service we get a response time of 0.5 second. we haven't any kind of caching mechanism. i believe Loadrunner is doing something wrong.
please help!
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: java protocol first iteration performance

Try setting an 'Additional VM Paramter' of "-Xms256m" or something along that size (Runtime settings - Java VM). It sounds like during the first iteration, the JVM is trying to allocate memory to heap, which is causing a delay.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.