Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

loading a page and clicking links

I need to test about 100 links on a page, five pages. How can I use a loop? This is an html page I am testing. Thanks Lisa
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: loading a page and clicking links

Use web_reg_save_param with boundaries

To capture an entire HTML page, use web_reg_save_param with the boundries being and .

Note:
The boundaries are case sensitive, so examine the page to verify them. Also, use web_set_max_html_param_len to increase the length of the string.

Example:

#include "as_web.h"
Action1()
{
/* You need to specify your buffer size in the line below. */

web_set_max_html_param_len("10000");

/* The next line needs to be placed ABOVE the step that sends the request to the server. */

web_reg_save_param("returnedBuffer","LB=","RB=" ) ;

web_url("News & Media", "URL=http://www.yahoo.com/r/nm", "TargetFrame=", "RecContentType=text/html", "SupportFrames=0", LAST);

lr_output_message("The ENTIRE returned buffer from the next call is %s",lr_eval_string("{returnedBuffer}"));

return 0; }

Now pass the required values in the subsequent requests.
==========================================
Assign some points if this helps you
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.