Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

loadrunner 9.5 manual

Jump to solution
Hi,

I am new to LoadRunner and have just downloaded the evaluation copy of version 9.5

Where can I download the manual? I have tried docs.hp.com but it's not there.

Also, is the evaluation copy also an "actual working copy"? If I have the license (eventually), can I apply the licence on this evaluation copy and the trial period will be removed?

Thanks !
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..
Go here:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/documents

Select LoadRunner and unselect all of the boxes excepts manuals and hit search. It will bring up links to pdf files for all of the manuals.

The eval copy is full blown LoadRunner and you will get a temporary license. When you purchase the product you can just apply the new license.

Alan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
15 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..
Go here:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/documents

Select LoadRunner and unselect all of the boxes excepts manuals and hit search. It will bring up links to pdf files for all of the manuals.

The eval copy is full blown LoadRunner and you will get a temporary license. When you purchase the product you can just apply the new license.

Alan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi Alan,

Thanks but no luck.

The link prompted me to sign-in to HP Passport. I used my existing forum ID to login but was unable to download - message was "Unable to access the page you requested"

Do I need to provide any support contract? What if I don't have the info?

Thanks once again.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..
You should have the support contract to submit support cases, download product manuals, patches and other techincal documents.

HP loadrunner 9.5 copy has all the product documents. But they are all password protected now. Your choices are less.

If you are new to loadrunner and in the middle of an evaluation, contact the HP sales person and get a temporary license. They will be able to help you on this.

If your company is a business partner to HP, I think you will have a support contract assigned for your company. Use it to submit the cases and access the knowledge base.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
You need a contract to signin to support services.

But, since you have downloaded the trial version, in vugen goto-Help-> Books Online and select which guide you are looking for!!!

Generally you can find guides to Vugen, Controller, Monitor and Analysis guide. Try it out!
Email any Performance related queries, will do my BEST!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..
In the latest copy of LR 9.5 that I downloaded, the help documentation were password protected. Not sure whether it is the same for new downloads.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
I have not used 9.5 yet, but its strange to know that, they have it password protected to get to the manuals:)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Out of curiosity, I have downloaded trial version of 9.5, extracted the zip file and with in the "set up" files, there is a pdf document named "LR_documentation" which can be opened without installing the software.

For test puposes, I have saved a Vugen manual on to desktop and opened it without any need for the password.

So, I wonder how come you are unable to access the documentation?

At the least, I don't see any reason for HP to secure(password encrypted??) the documentation when they are giving away the product trails!!! doesn't make sense.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi Krish667777,

I have downloaded and extracted ver 9.5 and was not able to find any documentation at all. That's why I started this post.

Since there's a trial download, at least some form of documentation or guide should be available for one to try out (how to install & use) the software.

Anyway, where are the "set up" files that you mentioned (after extraction)?

I have extracted and there's no "set up" files or directories are all. The product number that I have downloaded is "T7177-15008". Is this correct?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..
I have not downloaded the trial, what does the zip file contain? I see that the zip file is 1.7Gbytes, after extraction is it an .iso file or is it a file tree?

As previously mentioned the trial installation should include everything that you need, manuals and all to install LoadRunner 9.5.

Alan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..
Have you already installed LR..??

Check this....start->LR->Documentation...

I had earlier access to LR online Books..

~~Shivaram
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi so.nimda,

Yes the zip file name is "T7177-15008.zip".

Once the download is complete try to unzip it with winRAR(don't use winzip). Once you unzip once you would see another zip file with the same name(i.e. "T7177-15008.zip".) unzip that file again using winRAR and within that extracted file you will see documentation and setup files.

You don't need to install the software inorder to access the documentation.

Probably your previous download was corrupt, try to download it again and can easily register to download trails(you don't need to be a hp customer in order to use trail).

So give it a try:))

Krish
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.