Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

location of downloaded file

Ran download file script using VuGen successfullly, able to check downloaded file size but couldn't find the location of file to view. Is there a way to find the location of the file that has been downloaded? Appreciate your help.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: location of downloaded file

Hi,

Which protocol are you using? Which method/function did you use to download the file?

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

I am using http protocol.

Here is the code snippet: I am seeing the file downloaded size...

web_custom_request("Bite.docx_1", 

"URL={Link}",
        "Method=GET",
        "Resource=1", 
        "RecContentType=text/html",     
        "Referer=", 
        "Snapshot=t3.inf", 
        LAST);

iDLSize = web_get_int_property(HTTP_INFO_DOWNLOAD_SIZE);

lr_output_message("%s",lr_eval_string("{Link}"));

lr_output_message("File Download size in bytes  :%d\n", iDLSize );

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

LoadRunner Web (HTTP/HTML) protocol does not save the file on the disk. You have to deal with it on your own. I suggest Googling it. Here is an example I found. You might find other alternatives.

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.