Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

mmdrv.exe process hangs

Hi,
Why would I see many (19 currently) mmrdv.exe processes running in the task manager?

And what might be a reason for them getting stuck or really continuing to run after the test has ended?
5 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Are you running LR as a process or thread? Typically you will see mmdrv.exe process in Task Manager in either case (more if you running as a process.) I have seen similar issue a few times, when a test has ended but machines kept on actually sending requests to web server. Perhaps someone fom HP can comment on it.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Just checked, they are running as thread. Interestingly enough, it seems to only occur for this particular project / application.

I don't recall encountering this issue with other application testing. more than 290 projects in Perf Center. Pretty sure this is the only place I'm seeing this.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

If you have some C/C++ custom code in your script check it for accuracy,etc. Also I found that mmdr issue happens more often with Citrix scripts.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I think I may have gotten a step closer.
I have found this error in the logs when the processes run rogue on the LGs.

Method 'AS::CallCleanupWhenNotActive' failed.: [ErrCode 0x800706ba, Source (null): The RPC server is unavailable.] (null)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Please explain the workings of "mmdrv.exe" at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/LoadRunner-Support-Forum/Understanding-quot-mmdrv-exe-quot/td-p/6689953#.VKeMBCuUdqU

============================================
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.