Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

nca_connect_server: cannot communicate with host XXXX on port 7778

Hi,

I'm working with (web(Http/Html)& Oracle NCA) multi protocol to record the script in Oracle forms 10g client on Oracle 10g appserver. When I tried to replay the script I got the error
"nca_connect_server: cannot communicate with host xxxxx on port 7778"

Could you please let me know How to resolve the issuse

Find the system and LR configuration below

1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? (specify which tool LR or PC)

LR 8.1

2. What is the protocol you are recording?

Oracle NCA, Web(http/html)

3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,

(no)

4. If URL mode:

- Concurrent groups

5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?

LR81FP004

6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?

New +

7. What kind of LoadRunner license do you have -

- Permanent/Unlimited

- Evaluation?

N/A

8. If subscription, is subscription current or expired?

current

9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.)? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)

Windows2003 SP2

10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?

N/A

Hi,

Am facing an issue while verifying a script created with Oracle NCA & Web (HTTP\HTML) protocol, same is as follows:

Thanks,
Subbu Rayani
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,
Is that the server port is opened?? Check that port status through netstat whether the port is openened or not.

Regds
Palani
Everything is Possible and Anything is Feasible if u try
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You may need to set a parameter for the session id since for each playback, there is a new session created.

First, set a variable to capture the new session. When your application starts up, there should be a web_url call that has a line like:

"Url=lservlet;jsessionid=...?ifcmd=..."

Prior to this web_url call, add this parameter save call (I called the parameter "JSID"):

web_reg_save_param("JSID",
"LB=jsessionid=",
"RB=",
"Search=Noresource",
LAST);

Then, change the web_url call to read:

"Url=lservlet;jsessionid={JSID}?ifcmd=..." (or whatever you called the variable)

Hope this helps
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

it is ok?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This issue is to do with the correlation, check if all the below correlations have been checked

1. icxticket
2. NCAJServSessionId

check for button names as well, if needed correlate that as well.

Thanks!
MSN
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.