Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

parameter file location for PC 12.63

Our organization just converted to PC 12.63.  I have always been of the mind set to store the parameter file outside of the script.  Makes easy to modify the data with out opening the script.  Our LoadRunner Servers sits behind a firewall and we have to VPN to the servers in order to execute the scripts.  After installing PC 12.63 we logon to My PC with out being on the VPN (that took some convincing).  Before PC we would logon to the LR Controller bring up VuGen and change the location of the path of the DAT file.  We have a network Share drive we store all our scripts and data files.  We cannot access that shared Drive from our local machine, even if we are on the VPN.  We have to remote into the LR Controller.

How can I change the path of the DAT file in PC 12.63 without having a standalone VuGen server? Getting extra equipment is difficult with this organization. All our servers are connected to the Shared Network Drive. 

Current Setup 1 ALM Server, 1 PC Server, 1 PC Host Server, 2 controllers, 8 Load Generators , 1 SiteScope Server.

Boatnlarry
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.